Ideal for backpackers and thru-hikers who want to travel light but still appreciate two points of entry and freestanding structure, the Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL2 Solution Dye tent weighs in at just 2 pounds, 3 ounces!
Tapered from the head to the foot, the interior of the tent measures 52″ at its widest point and stretches a full 86″ in length. The 28 square feet interior provides adequate elbow room for 2 backpackers or serves as a roomy shelter for one. Two doors provide convenient access and dual vestibules offer a combined 16 square feet (8 feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Interior mesh pockets and an oversized “mezzanine” bin provide places to stash gear and clothes while integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Triangle, Large Trapezoid, or Wall Gear Loft (all sold separately).
Lightweight, collapsible DAC Featherlite NFL poles provide the tent with freestanding structure. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body’s integrated clips to make setting up the tent fast, easy, and intuitive. Included Dirt Dagger UL aluminum stakes allow you to maximize the tautness of your pitch and increase structural stability.
Ample mesh on the tent body maximizes cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane, the silicone-treated rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. Solution-dyed fabrics improve UV-resistance and reduce energy consumption during the manufacturing process. All of the tent’s seams are seal-taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements.
The custom-fit Tiger Wall UL2 Footprint (sold separately) can be used to add additional protection beneath the tent from mud, ground water, or sharp objects. If you really want to travel light, you can leave the tent body at home and use just the rainfly, poles, and the footprint to create a tarp-style set-up that weighs just 1 pound, 11 ounces!
- Solution-dyed fabric is highly resistant to UV fade and drastically reduces energy consumption and water use during manufacturing, a process that is better for the environment and improves the quality of the tent fabric
- Features two doors, two vestibule with storm flaps on the vestibule zippers
- Simplified setup with proprietary tent corner construction and unique TipLok Tent Buckle that combines three functions: secure pole-tip capture, rainfly attachment and tensioner, and stake-out loop
- Easy and efficient setup and take down with the strong DAC Featherlite single pole system structure
- Elevated storage with a 3D bin ‘mezzanine’ in the foot and additional storage in the ceiling and door pockets at the head
- Clean earbud-cord routing from phones or other devices through media pockets located above sleeping area
- Keep interior dry with dual zipper, smooth-closing, dry entry/exit vestibule
- More usable space between your feet and tent wall with structured foot-end corners
- Increased airflow with low vent feature on the vestibule doors and double sliders on the vestibule zippers for venting from the top or bottom
- Ready to pitch with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly, and extra stability with Velcro tabs that connect fly to pole structure
- Easy to pitch any time of day with reflective guylines and color-coded webbing on tent corners
- Includes strong, lightweight Dirt Dagger UL Tent Stakes with patent pending I-Beam aluminum construction
- To extend the life of your tent floor Big Agnes recommends using the custom-fit footprint (sold separately)
- Fly and floor are solution-dyed water-repellent silicone treated nylon ripstop with a 1200mm water-resistant, polyurethane coating
- Tent body is solution-dyed nylon ripstop and breathable and polyester mesh
- Waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane taped seams (No PVC or VOCs)
- DAC Featherlite NFL pole system and hub pole design
- Compatible with the Big Agnes Triangle, Large Trapezoid, and Wall Gear Lofts (all sold separately)
- Fast fly setup available
Best UseBackpackingAverage Min Weight2 lb 3 ozAverage Packed Weight2 lb 8 ozClips Or SleevesClipsDoors2Floor Area28 sq ftFloor Dimension86″ x 52″ (at widest point)FreestandingYesInterior Height39″Interior Storage3D Mezzanine storage bin and ceiling and door pocketsNumber Of Poles1 hubbedPole Diameter8.7mmPole TypeDAC Featherlite NFL AluminumSeam SealedTaped SeamsVestibule Area8 sq ft + 8 sq ftOtherStorage Sack IncludedWarrantyLimited LifetimeMaterialWalls: Solution-dyed nylon ripstop and polyester mesh
Fly and Floor: Solution-dyed silicone-treated nylon ripstop 1200mm PUPacked Size5.5″ x 18″